GRTC Press Kit
For media inquiries, please contact:
Carrie Rose Pace, Director of Communications
Office: 804-474-9354 (calls accepted)
Cell: 804-516-4148 (calls and texts accepted)
For FOIA requests, please contact GRTC's FOIA Officer:
Tonya Thompson, Director of Procurement
- Members of the media are welcome to take pictures/video and capture sound at GRTC bus stops, which are within the public right-of-way. Please notify the Director of Communications in advance, if feasible.
- Please do not block bus stops or accessibility for passengers boarding/alighting.
- Please contact the Director of Communications if you wish to ride, interview, or take pictures/video inside a GRTC bus.
- Please only show passengers who give their consent when taking pictures/video inside a GRTC bus.
- Operators may only be shown if they give their consent.
- Operators may not be interviewed without their consent and GRTC's approval.
- Please remain behind the white line while the bus is in motion, and hold on securely if standing when riding.
- Please get permission from GRTC prior to attaching camera equipment to GRTC property (bus, bus stop sign, bench, trash can).
We strive to respond promptly to media inquiries. Please let us know your deadline and submit as many questions in your initial inquiry as possible to ensure a timely and complete response. Please note that many data requests may take additional time to process.
News & Updates
GRTC Pulse Press Kit
Commonly Requested Stats:
- 157 transit vehicles, 96 CARE vehicles, and 27 support vehicles (vans, wreckers, trucks, SUVs, etc)
- 96 fixed route transit vehicles use CNG fuel
- 88 CARE vehicles use CNG fuel
- Approximately 590 employees, including contracted CARE employees.
- On Fixed Route: 276 Full Time Operators, and 22 Part Time Operators (May 2020).
- Since November 2012, GRTC has operated more than 25 million miles with CNG vehicles (Dec 2019).
GRTC Videos (YouTube page - please credit "GRTC Transit System" when using)
GRTC Photos (please credit "GRTC Transit System"):
GRTC Logo (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
Rules of Riding
How to Ride Guide