Richmond Public Schools Pass Program
GRTC, the City of Richmond, and Richmond Public Schools have an agreement to provide unlimited transportation for Richmond Public School high school students on GRTC Local Richmond City Routes (including the GRTC Pulse Bus Rapid Transit) at no cost to students.
Until a student receives their official Pass Program ID, youth still receive half fare riding any GRTC local route. (Express Routes do not offer reduced fare).
SUBMIT FEEDBACK to RPS@ridegrtc.com
RULES OF RIDING
HOW TO RIDE
How to Ride Flyer (PDF)
How to Sign Up during COVID-19 (PDF)
Who Qualifies for the Program?
- All Richmond Public School High School students who return the permission form
- PERMISSION SLIP (PDF) – complete and return to your school liaison once. This form does not need to be updated annually with each new school year.
- Graduated seniors are not eligible after graduation. Passes are deactivated upon graduation.
- Rising freshman can enroll through school orientation. Permission slips must be completed to ride.
- All local routes (including the Pulse) are free for participating students to use
- Valid GRTC/RPS ID required. Please tap at the farebox face up, and be prepared to show ID to the Operator upon request.
- Passes remain active over Summer break for currently enrolled high school students.
Pass Program Administrator
Office: 804-358-3871 ext. 592
Which route should I take to my school?
Use our Trip Planner Tool or download our FREE GRTC App to track buses and plan your trips.
- Armstrong High School – 12
- Franklin Military Academy – 13
- George Wythe High School – 2C or 20
- Huguenot High School – 2A
- John Marshall High School – 1A, 1B, 1C, 2A, 2B,2C
- Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School – 14
- Open High School – 3A, 3B, 3C
- Richmond Community High School – 2A, 2B, 2C, 20
- Thomas Jefferson High School – 50 or 76
Can I use this for free rides on non-city local routes?
- No, but students can use their GRTC/RPS ID Card to receive minor fare on all Non-City Local Routes
- Minor fare is available with IDs with your photo, name, and date of birth
Which routes are "City" and which ones are not?
These are City of Richmond routes you can ride for free with your Pass:
- 1A/B/C, 2A/B/C, 3A/B/C, 4A/B, 5, 12, 13, 14, 20, 50, 75, 76, 77, 78, 86, 87, 88
These are non-City routes you cannot ride for free, but can ride for reduced fare:
How do I replace a lost, broken, or stolen pass?
- Inform your school liaison. If you are unsure who your school liaison is, please email RPS@ridegrtc.com to find out.
Can I use this as my ID when voting (age 18+)?
- Yes, students aged 18+ are eligible to vote and can use their GRTC/RPS ID Card to vote in elections. Students should also bring their voter registration card with their ID to vote.
- Check back for Fall 2020 events!