Richmond Public Schools Ridership Program
GRTC, the City of Richmond, and Richmond Public Schools have entered into an agreement to provide unlimited transportation for Richmond Public School high school students on GRTC Local Richmond City Routes (including the GRTC Pulse Bus Rapid Transit) beginning October 1, 2018 through summer (if program funding is appropriated) at no cost to students. The City of Richmond funded GRTC with $271,680 for this pilot program in FY19.
Until a student receives their official Pass Program ID, youth still receive half fare riding any GRTC local route. (Express Routes do not offer reduced fare).
SUBMIT FEEDBACK to RPS@ridegrtc.com
RULES OF RIDING
HOW TO RIDE
Who Qualifies for the Program?
- All Richmond Public School High School students who return the permission form
- All local routes (including the Pulse) are free for participating students to use
- Valid GRTC/RPS ID required. Please tap at the farebox face up, and be prepared to show ID to the Operator upon request.
Pass Program Administrator
Office: 804-358-3871 ext. 592
Which route should I take to my school?
Use our Trip Planner Tool or download our FREE GRTC App to track buses and plan your trips.
- Armstrong High School – 12
- Franklin Military Academy – 13
- George Wythe High School – 2C or 20
- Huguenot High School – 2A
- John Marshall High School – 1A, 1B, 1C, 2A, 2B,2C
- Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School – 14
- Open High School – 3A, 3B, 3C
- Richmond Community High School – 2A, 2B, 2C, 20
- Thomas Jefferson High School – 50 or 76
Can I use this on non-city local routes?
- No, but students can use their GRTC/RPS ID Card to receive minor fare on all Non-City Local Routes
- Minor fare is available with IDs with your photo, name, and date of birth
How do I replace a lost, broken, or stolen pass?
- Inform your school liaison. If you are unsure who your school liaison is, please email RPS@ridegrtc.com to find out.
Can I use this as my ID when voting (age 18+)?
- Yes, students aged 18+ are eligible to vote and can use their GRTC/RPS ID Card to vote in elections. Students should also bring their voter registration card with their ID to vote.
- 10/9 Thomas Jefferson ID Day
- 10/5 John Marshall Make Up Day
- 10/4 Huguenot Card Day
- 10/4 VCU Pathways RPS Students
- 10/3 Community ID Day
- 10/2 Huguenot Card Day
- 10/2 Maggie L Walker ID Day
- 10/1 Open Make Up Day
- 9/28 Armstrong ID Day
- 9/27 George Wythe ID Day
- 9/26 Huguenot Card Day
- 9/26 Appomattox ID Day
- 9/25 Franklin ID Day
- 9/24 Open High School ID Day
- 9/20 and 9/21 John Marshall ID Day
- 9/19 Armstrong ID Day
- 9/18 Code RVA ID Day
- 9/18 PLC ID Day
- 8/31 Armstrong High School
- 8/31 Franklin Military Academy Orientation
- 8/30 Open High School Open House
- 8/30 Huguenot High School Orientation
- 8/21 Thomas Jefferson High School
- 8/20 ART180
- 8/14 Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities
- 8/9 Communities in Schools Richmond
- 8/9 Richmond Community High School Orientation
- 8/1 RVA Future Centers
- 7/26 6 Points Innovation Center
- 7/24 Mayor’s Youth Academy